When oddsmakers first posted odds for this weekend’s showdown in Kansas City between the Chiefs and Broncos, the road team was a 4 point favorite. Since then, the line has shot up to as high as 6. The over/under opened at 37.5 and has moved slightly up to 39.
The folks at Sports-Odds.com have put together a list of betting trends for you to consider before putting money on either team.
- Chiefs are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games following a SU loss.
- Chiefs are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games as an underdog.
- Chiefs are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games overall.
- Chiefs are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games following a ATS loss.
- Chiefs are 5-13 ATS in their last 18 home games.
- Broncos are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games following a S.U. win.
- Broncos are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games following a ATS win.
- Broncos are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games on grass.
- Broncos are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games as a road favorite.
- Broncos are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games in Week 13.
- Broncos are 5-15-1 ATS vs. a team with a losing record.
I would love to tell you that 6 points would be enough for me to feel confident about taking the Chiefs but I can’t do that. Sure, the win over Pittsburgh was huge, but the setback last week against the Chargers was just too big for me to think Kansas City can is a sure thing to stay close to Denver this week.