The Kansas City Chiefs return to Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday as 8 point favorites against the Cardinals with an over/under of 44. When a home team is facing a struggling club like Arizona, it seems like easy money to take the favorite, but the Chiefs are dealing with plenty of their own issues right now.
Before deciding which way to go with this game, ButUS put a few trends together for you to consider.
- Arizona has played seven of its last eight games OVER the total
- Arizona has covered two of its last eight games
- Arizona has played five of its last seven road games OVER the total
- Arizona has lost five of its last six road games SU
- Kansas City has played four of its last five games OVER the total
- Kansas City has won four of its last five home games SU
- Kansas City has covered eight of its last 25 home games
- Kansas City has lost 19 of its last 25 home games SU
Besides the Chiefs desperately needing this game, all the signs point to this being one that the points won’t play a role and Vegas would seem to agree. There were lines that opened as low as 7 for this game and that number has been bumped to 8 even with less than encouraging injury news for Kansas City.
Arizona is a mess with plenty of their own injury troubles, not to mention a lack of any sort of quarterback. There are plenty of Chiefs fans that like to bag on Matt Cassel, but I can promise you the Cardinals offense would love to have him behind center to bring some stability to a position that has been as confusing as it has been ineffective.
Short of the line jumping another couple of points between now and kickoff, the Chiefs — warts and all — seem like a safe bet on Sunday.