The Chiefs currently find themselves as -4.5 point underdogs to the Texans for their game Sunday in Houston. As the Texans health improves during the week, that number could climb to as high as 6. Before you put your money down on the game, the folks at Point-Spreads.com has put together some betting trends to consider.
- Chiefs are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games as an underdog.
- Chiefs are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games overall.
- Chiefs are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 vs. AFC.
- Texans are 3-0-1 ATS in their last 4 vs. AFC.
- Texans are 8-1 ATS in their last 9 games after scoring less than 15 points in their previous game.
- Texans are 4-1-1 ATS in their last 6 games as a favorite of 3.5-10.0.
- Over is 4-0 in Texans last 4 games following a double-digit loss at home.
- Over is 3-0-1 in Texans last 4 vs. AFC.
The way the Chiefs played against the Colts, I’m leaning very heavily towards taking them this week against the Texans. If the line moves north at all, that would lock up the decision in my mind. Before last week, the Chiefs were not only undefeated straight up, but also against the spread and there’s no reason to think that trend won’t continue.
You do have to keep in mind that the past trends are very favorable for the Texans and more importantly they need this game more than Kansas City. When you have a two game lead in the division the way the Chiefs do and you are playing on the road, it’s very easy to fall back on “well, we have a cushion and are heading home for some cupcakes in the next couple of weeks” where the Texans can quickly find themselves in trouble if the don’t start winning at home.