The Kansas City Chiefs have a chance to avenge their loss to the Denver Broncos two weeks ago when the two teams face each other Sunday afternoon at Arrowhead. They also could clinch a spot in the playoffs… if they get a little help.
Every scenario that sees the Chiefs land in the playoffs starts with a win over Peyton Manning and involves at least three other games from this weekend.
The biggest help (other than a win) the Chiefs can get is a loss or tie by the San Diego Chargers to the Cincinnati Bengals, with that outcome needed in six of the seven scenarios. The Miami Dolphins-New York Jets game is also in six, but depending on the scenario the outcome needed for the Chiefs is different.
Another game to watch is the Tennessee Titans hitting the road against the Indianapolis Colts and a win by the visitors will help the Chiefs cause.
Take a look at all the scenarios and keep your eyes on those games as the weekend unfolds!
1) KC win + SD loss or tie + TEN loss or tie + NYJ loss + BAL loss
2) KC win + SD loss or tie + TEN loss or tie + MIA loss + NE loss
3) KC win + SD loss or tie + TEN loss or tie + NYJ/MIA tie
4) KC win + SD loss or tie + TEN loss or tie + BAL/PIT tie
5) KC win + SD loss or tie + MIA loss + NE loss + BAL/PIT tie
6) KC win + SD loss or tie + MIA/NYJ tie + BAL/PIT tie
7) KC win + TEN loss or tie + MIA/NYJ tie + BAL/PIT tie